Friday, November 19, 2010

Murdocks









I have so many great memories of you guys. From only seeing you once a year, if that, I have gained a love and appreciation for the two of you. I am proud to be your grandchild. Grandma, my mom always admired you for never fearing. I'm glad she shared that with me, as now I remember you when I worry, and try not to. 

Two of my favorite things in the world are Reese's beautiful blessing dress and the denim blanket you made for me using Grandpa's jeans. I use that blanket EVERY day as I cuddle up on the couch. I try to think of what Grandpa did while wearing those jeans. Work in the garden probably? Or drive a tractor? It is a special little piece of you guys I get to take in each day. 

Another favorite memory is story time when we were little. Grandma, you would tell us stories that I still remember! Polly stole a dolly, and a couple others. Great story-telling memories in the west bedroom :)

I have always felt jealousy of the cousins who live up in Canada, near you. The ones that know you so well. I've never known what it's like to be really close to grandparents. Thank you so much for your little hand-made blankets and clothes that help me know you remember me. You have no idea how much I appreciate them. I admire you both so much and hope that Dave and I can be half of what you are. I love you so much. 
Dave, Stacie, Cooper and Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment