Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jeff and Kelsey Gibb




(PS.  Leslie i know michelle added a pic of us too in her post of our family.  You can use that one as well.  You really dont have to use all of them.  Whatever you want works, we just dont have any cute kids to add like everyone else)



Hi grandma and grandpa! Like many of us – a lot of my fondest memories as a child were with you on the farm. I always loved being there, probably above most other places i can think of. A fond memory i have was back in my late teen years when i was in love with the fine sport of fishing, and thought myself quite the decent fisherman. I was lucky to go out to dipping vat with Grandpa, and Uncle Devere came out as well. I thought I was going to show these old schoolers a thing or two about reeling in fish, however all morning I sat and watched Grandpa and Devere reel in one after another while i kept changing my expensive lures trying to keep up but to no avail – i caught nothing. Another trip, i think in the same week, the three of us went out to cochran lake to go after some pike/musky which i loved, but once again I watched as they kept catching fish after fish with me just getting snags and reeling in weeds.  It was then that I decided that the old school is far better and have tried to live accordingly ever since.

Another special memory for me, one that was not too long ago, of grandma involves her world famous popcorn and punch, which could probably be used as currency among cousins around July time. I think grandma was quite happy that I was interested in a certain hill spring girl who was to come over to the cardston house with me after a basketball game for an evening of old movies from her sweet collection. I think grandma intentionally put a little extra butter and a dash of romance into the popcorn which helped me to land my first kiss later that night with my lovely lady. Please forgive me grandpa for kissing a girl in your basement...
And of course I could not leave out how grandma would always make me turkey noodles and gravy when i would come over or was was driving through. Some nights over here in africa I would happily pay $100 a plate for it if I could. She always knew that it was my favorite and went out of her way to prepare it even when I would show up unannounced. I certainly never deserved it and am such a spoiled brat.

Most of all, thank you grandma and grandpa for your unwavering example of goodness, hard-work, and kindness. If Kelsey and I can live to become half as good of people as you, we will have done well. We love you very much!

Jeff and Kelsey Gibb

2 comments:

  1. you would jeff, you would kiss a girl in grandpa's basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i would consider grandmas popcorn and punch curency...

    ReplyDelete