Monday, November 22, 2010

Bryce Gibb

One of the best times I had with Grandma and Grandpa is when I spent several months with them the fall after I graduated high school.  Usually when you visit the farm there are so many people around it is hard to be able to really sit and talk with them. This time I had a lot of alone time to sit with them, enjoy their company, play cards, visit etc. Grandpa and I went out several times looking for gophers to shoot, we didn’t find much but it was a great time anyway.  At one point I got stuck on the barbed wire fence because of my saggy pants and Grandpa had to get his city slicker grandson unstuck. As he laughed and shook his head, I could tell that he thought it was both hilarious and pathetic. It was cool to be out with him and see that fun side I hadn’t seen before. I was also able to end the visit by driving down to Utah with them – we talked for the whole drive.

Bryce Gibb

No comments:

Post a Comment